Trouble registering because of a network firewall or proxy server
Sometimes a network firewall can stop the BIAS Authorization Manager from contacting our server. By using the Alternate Authorization Method, you can work around the firewall since it uses normal internet traffic through your web browser.
Follow these steps to execute the Alternate Authorization Procedure:
- Locate and launch the BIAS Authorization Manager on the computer which has the BIAS software installed.
- After you've opened the BIAS Authorization Manager, select the BIAS product you wish to authorize in the "Select a Product" section. Be sure to select the product with the exact name that you see on your owner's certificate or email receipt:
- Enter your product serial number and email address - your serial number is printed on the Owner's Certificate included in the package you were shipped, or on the email receipt of a downloadable purchase. Enter both values into the form:
- Click the "Alternate Authorization" button to open the Alternate Authorization dialog:
- In the Alternate Authorization dialog, click the "Generate Authorization Request" button.
- Save the Authorization Request File to your Desktop.
- Locate the Authorization Request File (called "Authorization Request file.htm") on your Desktop and open that file by double clicking on it - this will open a webpage and submit the authorization request.
- After submitting the Authorization Request the license needed to activate your BIAS software will automatically download to your computer's default download directory, its called "BIAS-Authorization".
- In the BIAS Authorization Manager's 'Alternate Authorization Window' Click the "Open Authorization File" button.
- Locate the Authorization File within the downloaded folder and click the "Open" button - Your BIAS software is now authorized
- Note - A license for Peak Pro 6 would appear as "X_Peak Pro 6.txt"
* The license file will also be sent to you in an email from the BIAS Registration System.